Wellcome Sanger Institute Prize Competition for Undergraduate Students is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for the 2019 edition. See how to apply for Wellcome Sanger Institute Prize Competition below…
Wellcome Sanger Institute Prize Competition
Wellcome Sanger Institute Prize competition is an outreach competition for undergraduate students from low- and middle-income countries which gives the winner an opportunity to experience the very cutting edge of genomic research.
Sanger Institute Prize Competition Benefits
The winner of the Sanger Institute Prize will be offered a three-month internship with a research group at the Wellcome Sanger Institute during 2019. Travel, living and research expenses are all covered by the award.
Sanger Institute Prize Competition Eligibility
To be considered eligible to apply, applicants must:
- ♦Be from a low- or middle-income country (view the list of eligible countries below)
- ♦Be studying at a University/Institute in a low-/middle-income country
- ♦Demonstrate an active interest in research in the genomics field
- ♦Have a good command of English
Relevant Link: UBA Campus Ambassador Programme 2019
How to Apply For Sanger Institute Prize Competition
Stage one: Expression of Interest
- First stage applicants are asked to complete a short application form and write an expression of interest detailing their scientific interests and why they want to come to the Sanger Institute. Two academic references are also required at this stage.
Stage two: Essay
- ♦Selected candidates will then be asked to take part in stage two of the process, which is to write an essay with a given title.
- ♦The judges’ decision will be final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- ♦Click here to apply with the official link
Only applications made via the online application system will be accepted. Entries should be submitted online by 5pm UK GMT, 21st December 2018.
List of Eligible Countries
Low Income Economies
|Burundi||Cambodia||Central African Republic|
|Chad||Comoros||Congo Dem. Rep|
|Korea, Dem. Rep||Liberia||Madagascar|
|Sierra Leone||Somalia||South Sudan|
Lower Middle Income Economies
|Congo. Rep||Cote d’Ivoire||Djibouti|
|Egypt, Arab Rep.||El Salvador||Georgia|
|Kyrgyz Republic||Lao PDR||Lesotho|
|Mauritania||Micronesia Fed. Sts||Moldova|
|Nigeria||Pakistan||Papua New Guinea|
|Phillippines||Samoa||Sao Tome and Principe|
|Senegal||Solomon Islands||Sri Lanka|
|Sudan||Swaziland||Syrian Arab Public|
|West Bank and Gaza||Yemen, Rep.||Zambia|
Upper Middle Income Economies
|Belize||Bosnia and Herzegovia||Botswana|
|Iran, Islamic Rep.||Iraq||Jamacia|
|Serbia||South Africa||St Lucia|
|St Vincent and the Grenadines||Suriname||Thailand|
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from uniuyoadmission.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.