NYSC (National Service Youth Corps) online registration details for the Batch ‘B’ corps members. Guidelines/Requirements for registration and mobilization of graduates are well summed up in the article below.
NYSC Batch B Online Registration
This is to inform all prospective corps members, this includes all Nigerians who have graduated from Universities and Mono/Polytechnics both home and abroad, that the NYSC On-line registration portal will be opened from Tuesday to enable them register for the current Batch ‘B’ mobilization.
Updates On NYSC Batch ‘B’ Registration
Batch “B” Prospective Corps Members (PCMs) shoudl note the following
- PCMs who are yet to register in the NYSC portal including the newly uploaded graduates, your Registration starts Tuesday.
- The NYSC portal will be open for Revalidation only for those mobilized in the previous year Batch “B” and previous Batches, but did not go to the Orientation Camp.
- Those who were mobilized in Batch “A” and were Issued Call-up Numbers but were informed that their Orientation will be rescheduled, are not to register again or revalidate on the portal. Instead you are to go to the Orientation Camp. You will be informed when to print your Call-up Letters through SMS.
- PCMs who submitted applications for dropping of Biometrics during Batch “A” Camp Verification should login to their dashboard and recapture their Finger Print.
Hot Tips to Guide PCMs during NYSC Online Registration
- Do not thumb print by proxy. (Nobody should thumbprint for you; thumbprint should be done by you).
- Make sure the passport photograph uploaded is very clear.
- Do not forget the Username and Password used during your online registration.
- Apply for correction of spelling mistakes and rearrangement of names on your dashboard. It is ongoing even after the Orientation Exercise.
- Cross- check your records before submission to avoid wrong details.
NYSC Online Registration Procedure and Requirements
- The Website address is any of the following:
- Check Senate list for verification of your records.
- If you are registering for the first time, click on ” Registration for Mobilization 2018 Batch B”.
- Or if you have registered previously and did not complete your Registration or Submit, do not create a new account instead click on “Login Here” to continue your registration with your previous Username and Password.
- If you were mobilized in the previous Batches and have registered online before but unable to proceed to Orientation Camp, Click on “Revalidation” link to re-validate your registration.
Completing NYSC Registration Easily
In order to ensure a seamless registration, Prospective Corps Members (PCM) are to note the following for strict compliance:
- Prospective Corps Members should ensure that they have functional e-mail addresses that they can access and Nigerian (GSM) telephone numbers with which to register. Such e-mail address and phone numbers must be maintained throughout the service year.
- Locally trained PCM are expected to use correct Matriculation numbers to register.
- For locally-trained graduates, only those whose names appear in the Senate/Academic Board Approved Result lists submitted by their Institutions will have access to the register on the NYSC portal.
- Foreign-trained prospective Corps Members should NOTE that ONLY those that graduated from accredited institutions are qualified for mobilization. Any foreign-trained prospective Corps Member who is in doubt of the accreditation status of his/her institution should approach the Federal Ministry of Education for verification.
Required Documents For NYSC Registration
Foreign-trained Nigerian graduates are to visit the NYSC portal, register and upload the following documents:
- West African School Certificate (WASC) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent
General Certificate of Education (GCE O’ Level) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent
NECO (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent
NABTEB (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent
High School Diploma or its equivalent for those who attended school in the USA, etc.
- Certificates are not qualified to register.
- Complete official transcript of the First Degree or HND programme.
Required Traveling Documents
- International Travelling Passport showing the following pages;
- Personal Data.
- Visa to the country of study.
- Date of first departure to the country of study and
- Date of arrival in Nigeria.
Graduates with dual nationalities are required to upload Personal Data Pages of both international passports and present the passports for physical verification at the orientation camp.
Translating Certificates And Transcripts
It is the responsibility of the prospective corps members who studied in non-English speaking countries to get their Certificates and Transcripts translated into English language before uploading. The translated transcripts and certificates should also be presented for physical verification.
All graduates of Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Physiotheraphy, Radiology, Optometry, Medical Laboratory Science and Pharmacy are expected to have their Certificates of Registration with their professional bodies. Payment receipts are not acceptable.
Foreign-trained graduates seeking mobilization for national service should NOT visit NYSC Headquarters, Abuja, for physical verification of their documents. The exercise will be done at the orientation camps. They are to print their call-up letters online and report to the orientation camps in their states of deployment. Foreign-trained graduates are expected to go to the camps with the original documents they uploaded for verification.
Provisional certificates, To Whom It May Concern, on-line print-out, scanned and photocopies of credentials are not acceptable.
NYSC Letter of Exemption
Foreign-trained graduates who registered for Exemption Certificate shall present all their original academic credentials and international passport for physical verification when they come to collect the certificate at the National Directorate Headquarters, Abuja.
All foreign-trained graduates who registered and are excluded from service should also present original academic credentials and international passport at the NYSC NDHQ, Abuja, for physical verification before Exclusion Letters are printed on-line.
All foreign-trained prospective Corps Members who registered but were not called up for service in the last batch should log on to the NYSC portal to revalidate their registration. This category of persons need not pay N3,000.00 (three thousand naira) again.
Additional Tips On NYSC Registration Online
- Anybody who presents any fake document will be demobilized and decamped
- Prospective corps members should ensure that Passport photographs used meet the following specifications:
- Ensure your face (eyes, nose, ears, mouth and jaw) is fully shown without bending
- Make sure the picture fills the frame and centralized
- Ensure the Photo background is white or off-white with no shadow.
- On no account should prospective corps members register by PROXY. They should also remember the fingers used for their biometric capturing as these will be used for verification at the orientation camps. Those who cannot be verified with their biometric at the orientation camp will not be registered.
- Only prospective corps members who want their call-up numbers sent to them through SMS and wish to PRINT their call-up letters on-line are expected to pay the sum of Three Thousand Naira (N3,000.00) (see NYSC Portal on how to make payment).
- PCM who do not want to pay the N3,000.00 have the option of going to their schools to collect their call-up numbers and call-up letters.
- All prospective corps members who paid for the online registration before but were not mobilized need not pay again.
Tips For Married Female And Pregnant NYSC Members
- Married female prospective corps members (whether locally or foreign-trained) should upload copies of their marriage Certificates, evidence of Change of name and their husbands’ place of domicile during registration.
- The orientation camp is highly not ideal for pregnant and nursing mothers. Prospective corps members in this category are therefore to note that they will not be accommodated.
- Prospective Corps Members with serious health challenge should indicate their TRUE HEALTH STATUS during registration to enable concessional deployment for them.
Reliable Contacts For Prospective Corps Members
Prospective corps members who graduated from institutions located in the following geo-political zones with challenges related to mobilisation should contact the under-listed telephone numbers:
- North Central – 08092142614
- South East – 09038034460
- North East – 08102790538
- South West – 07019190810
- North West – 08092142661
- South South – 08083201856
You may want to know the locations of NYSC orientation camps nationwide.
All Part-time graduates are expected to register online and wait for collection of their Letter of Exclusion at their various Institutions. For those willing to print the Letter of Exclusion online, this can be done on payment of Three Thousand Naira (N3, 000.00) only.
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from careerinfos.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.