Johnson & Johnson Africa Innovation Challenge is currently accepting applications from qualified candidates for the 2019 edition. See how to apply for Johnson & Johnson Africa Innovation Challenge below…
Johnson & Johnson Africa Innovation Challenge
Johnson & Johnson has launched the Champions of Science Africa Innovation Challenge 2.0. the second continent-wide competition calling on African innovators to submit ideas for innovative technologies, products and solutions that have the potential to create positive impact for African communities. The challenge focuses on identifying scalable and sustainable solutions to six major health and environmental problems for Africa’s population.
The Africa Innovation Challenge 2.0 is designed to address the critical unmet needs of the continent and local communities in Africa while providing support to Africa-based entrepreneurs in creating innovative health care products and services. Among the selection criteria, entries must demonstrate the potential for scale from proof of concept stage to long-term sustainability.
Johnson & Johnson Africa Innovation Challenge Categories
- Botanical Solutions: They are seeking naturally-derived, plant-based solutions that tap into traditional knowledge and deliver consumer health and wellness benefits through topical application;
- Packaging Innovations: They are seeking sustainable innovations for packaging of single dose units and other affordable product sizes that will reduce or eliminate waste, while protecting the product;
- Mental Health: They are seeking innovations that create awareness for mental illness as a public health problem and offer solutions for patients, caregivers, and their communities to address these issues.; and
- Essential Surgical Care: They are seeking innovations that promote access to timely, safe and skilled surgical care.
- Digital Health Tools: For one or more of the areas of HIV, Tuberculosis, Mental Health, Maternal Health and Ebola, they are seeking digital tools (including apps and other mobile/web/data enabled tech) for these important health care areas that can inform, educate, communicate and connect people to treatment, support and care through their reach and information and improve health outcomes especially for women.
- Health Worker Support: They are seeking innovations that support the wellbeing and resilience of nurses, midwives and community health workers at the heart of delivering care.
Johnson & Johnson Africa Innovation Challenge Eligibility
- Application is open to citizens and permanent residents of African Countries;
- To be considered eligible, applicant must submit an innovative idea in at least one of the categories.
Johnson & Johnson Africa Innovation Challenge Benefits
- Challenge participants with the best solutions will receive up to US$50,000 in funding and mentorship from the global network of scientists, engineers and business managers within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies to bring new solutions forward.
Johnson & Johnson Africa Innovation Challenge Evaluation Criteria
The submitted health care solutions will be evaluated based on their ability to meet the following criteria:
- ♦Idea submission addresses at least one of the six challenges categories.
- ♦Idea submission is innovative and creative.
- ♦Idea submission is scalable.
- ♦Idea submission outlines how the award would help the applicant(s) reach a critical milestone within the timeframe of a single year and provides a full commercialization plan.
How to Apply Johnson & Johnson Africa Innovation Challenge
♦Applicants should ensure that all information provided as part of the application is truthful and accurate
♦Click here and follow all instructions to apply for the Johnson & Johnson Africa Innovation Challenge.
All Applications must be received by on or before the 16th of January, 2019.
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from uniuyoadmission.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.